AMResorts have been closely monitoring information on the coronavirus (COVID-19) from credible sources, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, relevant national and regional governments, and health organizations.
It has been a dynamic few weeks for them all as they watch the development of this situation each day. AMResorts® wishes to reaffirm their continued commitment to the Travel Partners and mutual guests and would like to share the following information of support.
Protocols and Procedures:
AMResorts® branded properties have clearly defined protocols and procedures in place to provide for the well-being of guests, employing industry best practices and extensive staff training including:
• Adherence to strict international guidelines and protocols related to the prevention, detection, and treatment of many diseases
• Cristal Certification for International Standards, one of the industry’s highest-level certifications, verifying that each resort has best-in-class processes in place for quality and safety. Recently opened properties adhere to the same high standards and implement the same protocols as they are going through certification
• Reinforcement of additional precautionary measures and review of all sanitation protocols with staff to ensure that activities, such as frequent cleaning of common areas, are in place.
• On-site physicians and, as needed, hotel staff assistance with transfers to local clinics or hospitals
Business Flexibility and Support Options:
In order to affirm AMResorts commitment to you and their mutual travelers, AMResorts® is pleased to share the roll-out of two new programs. These options are designed to help you support existing customers who have travel concerns with travel alternatives.
1. For clients who call with travel concerns who are considering cancelling their AMResorts® reservation, their resort team is available to assist in providing reassurance regarding the safety policies and procedures in place. Resort contact information can be found here.
2. Booking Assist Program: If the customer remains undecided, AMResorts® is pleased to offer an enhanced vacation experience to encourage them to keep their plans. AMResorts have developed the following complimentary options as part of their Booking Assist Program. This option is for existing reservations only, only for customers who call in to cancel, and will be available from now until March 31, 2020, for all travel dates in 2020:
• Complimentary room upgrade based upon availability at check in
• Additional $200 in resort coupons for a total of $400
• $50 spa credit
If selected, please email the resort Director of Sales.
3. “Move the Date, Keep the Rate”: If your client has declined the above-mentioned extras and still wishes to cancel, their goal is to assist you in retaining as much business as possible. Therefore, they have also instituted a new program entitled “Move the Date, Keep the Rate”:
• Guests may change the date of their current booking for a future travel date between now and December 22, 2020
• Additionally, guests have the option to change to another AMResorts® property within the same brand, in a different destination with no additional fee or cancellation penalty. Travel to also be completed by December 22, 2020
For social groups in penalty that wish to cancel or postpone their trip:
• If the group wishes to change the date of their existing booking, they may do so at the same rate based on room availability with travel completed by December 22, 2020
• Additionally, groups may also relocate to another AMResorts® property within the same brand for the same rate, based on availability
• For Groups not in any penalty, they may relocate to any AMResorts® property.
Rate Guidelines for both FIT and Social Groups:
• If the rate of the new resort is lower, the client would be entitled to a refund. Alternatively, if the client wishes to change brands, they would be responsible for any price increases
• AMResorts® is unable protect rates outside of the AMResorts® portfolio and will not pay for airline change fees
Please share the information on these options and new programs as needed. As this issue continues to unfold, AMResorts know you are working very hard, and they are here to help. AMResorts are proud and honored to be your partner and thank you for your ongoing support.
For more information, please visit amresorts.com
More COVID-19 Updates: